WHEN CAN I ARRIVE/ LEAVE LANDMARK DURING A BASE COURSE?
- If you are staying at the Base for your course you may arrive after 4:00pm the day before the course. The course closes at 5:00pm on the last day of the course, so plan to stay until 5:00pm until all course entities are complete. Landmark will be closed after the course and lodging will not be available on Base.
WHAT SIZE TENT CAN I BRING?
- Please bring at maximum a two person tent. This helps ensure that there will be plenty of space in tent city for everyone.
HOW DO I GET TO LANDMARK LEARNING?
- Directions to our Base are specific, please follow the directions! Often times using a GPS will take you up the opposite end of Cane Creek and the road is impassable.
- Please see our Directions page. You can also print a pdf version.
CAN I BRING AN RV/CAMPING TRAILER/TRAILERED MOTORCYCLE OR ATV TO LANDMARK?
- Our parking area doesn't provide adequate space or facilities for RV's and Trailers. We also ask that you bring only one personal vehicle, no trailered motorcycles or ATVs.
HOW DO I ARRANGE FOR A SHUTTLE PICK UP TO LANDMARK FOR A BASE COURSE?
- If you are flying in and would like a shuttle to Landmark, we provide the contact info for a couple of driver services in Asheville. Or, give us permission to email your contact info to the folks on the class roster - often, a fellow student is willing to give a lift and share on gas.
HOW DO I OBTAIN COLLEGE CREDITS FOR A NOLS Wilderness Medicine COURSE?
- College credit is available through a few different avenues. Please see the College Credit Guide for specifics.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A COURSE?
- You can find all of our registration materials on the actual course page under the course calendar tab. Click on the course you want to register for, and the registration documents will be along the right side of the page. Be sure to save the documents to your desktop before you start typing! Once completed, simply email them to our Student Services Coordinator, email@example.com. You can also fax them (828-293-8600), or send them via USPS (PO Box 1888, Cullowhee, NC, 28723).
- We will send you a confirmation email and a link to pay for the course. Please be patient as we process each application individually in the order in which they are received.
WHEN DO I NEED TO REGISTER FOR A COURSE?
- Courses fill up very quickly and often times have a wait list, the sooner you register the better your chances are to attend the course you want! We recommend registering at least 30 days before the course starts.
WHAT IS THE REFUND/ CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Application fees are due to hold your spot in a course - they are non-refundable and non-transferrable upon payment. Tuition is due at 30 days, and is refundable or transferrable through the first day of your course.
ARE PETS ALLOWED ON BASE?
- Unfortunately, pets are not allowed on campus. There are local kennels in the area that we would be happy to point you towards.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER FOR BASE COURSES IN CULLOWHEE?
- For weather details for Base courses you should check the weather for Sylva, NC!
- We like Local Yokel Weather for Sylva for the best weather results!
HOW CAN I SPONSOR/HOST/SCHEDULE A LANDMARK LEARNING COURSE?
- Contact Justin Padgett, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for course scheduling needs.
HOW DO I CONTINUE TO STAY CREDENTIALED/RECERTIFY AS AN EMT?
- We hold one RTP every calendar year in December. Be sure to plan ahead and register early!
- Click here to visit the National Registry's page on recertification.
- Click here to visit our page dedicated to the EMT Refresher Training Program (RTP)
HOW DO I CONTINUE TO STAY CREDENTIALED/RECERTIFY AS A WFR?
- The recommended route is to take a WFR-Recert. Check out the course calendar for a WFR-R near you.
- For more information about recertifying, check out NOLS' latest information on recertification policies.
CAN I RECERTIFY MY WFR FROM ANOTHER WILDERNESS MEDICINE PROVIDER THROUGH LANDMARK LEARNING AND NOLS?
- Yes, as long as the the course providers' training was at least a 70 hour program.
- Those WFR's certified by another wilderness medicine provider must be recertified through a WFR-Recertification course.
- WFR certifications must be through an approved wilderness medicine provider and a copy of their valid (un-expired) WFR certification card needs to be provided on the first day of their recertification course.
- Contact WMI for a list of approved wilderness medicine providers