NOLS Wilderness First Responder - Hybrid (2833)
28Aug01SepNOLS Wilderness First Responder - Hybrid (2833)Landmark Learning - Upstream Campus
Register Now Course Overview Course Schedule NOLS
- The NOLS Hybrid WFR course incorporates 3 weeks of online learning followed by 5 days of in-person skills training. The online portion must be completed PRIOR to arrival for the in-person skills portion of the course.
- Online platform opens on August 7, 2023
- In-person skills training runs August 28 – September 1, 8AM-5PM daily, with evening sessions on Day 2 and Day 4.
Meals: Not included.
Town is 10 minutes from our base, with ample restaurants and grocery store options. Available for student use are two standard refrigerators, two microwaves, coffee pots and hot water urns, as well as three double-burner induction stoves with required magnetic pots/pans. Cups, plates, bowls, and silverware are also available for student use. Students will each have a cubby to use for dry food storage and use the three-sink system for washing/sanitizing at the end of meals.
Lodging: $75 Camping; $125 Bunkhouse
Camping (bring your own gear) or bunk space (bring your sleeping bag and pillow) is available by reservation. These lodging options are located by foot, up the hill behind the Cane Creek Lodge. Campers are invited to use the showers in the Student Lounge area.
Bunkhouses are 4 max to a room, and we assign by gender. Each room has its own bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Each pair of rooms shares a common connecting space and covered front porch for downtime and community.
Students may also opt to camp in their vehicles in the parking area. The camping fee applies, and they may use the campers’ showers in the Lodge. No electric or water hookup is available.
Arrival is from 12PM-9PM the day before the course starts for self checkin. If you cannot arrive by 9PM, you may arrive at 7:45AM on the first day of your course. Class begins promptly at 8AM.
Students must be packed and moved out prior to 8AM on the last day of the course.
There are several shuttle services that are offered in the area with competitive pricing.
- Asheville Premier Transportation: 828-407-0221, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackson County Transit: 828-586-0233, transit.jacksonnc.org
- Van In Black: 800-903-2503, email@example.com
Another option is to coordinate a ride with another student. Contact the office at 828-293-5384 to authorize the release of your contact information to other students in the course who may be interested in carpooling.
August 28 (Monday) 8:00 am - September 1 (Friday) 5:00 pm
Landmark Learning - Upstream Campus
95 Upstream Campus Trail