NOLS Wilderness First Responder - Hybrid (2914)
Register Now Course Overview: Expectations, Gear List, Schedule, etc. Course Schedule: Online platform opens May 13. Expect to allocate 10-15 hours
Course Overview: Expectations, Gear List, Schedule, etc.
- Online platform opens May 13. Expect to allocate 10-15 hours each week for 3 weeks on the platform.
- Students must complete the online platform prior to arriving for the in-person/onsite portion of the course.
- The onsite portion of the course runs 8AM-5PM, June 3-7, with evening sessions on June 4 and 6.
Location: Landmark Learning’s Upstream Campus
Meals: Not included.
Town is 10 minutes from our base, with ample restaurants and grocery store options. Available for student use are two standard refrigerators, two microwaves, coffee pots and hot water urns, as well as three double-burner induction stoves with required magnetic pots/pans. Cups, plates, bowls, and silverware are also available for student use. Students will each have a cubby to use for dry food storage and use the three-sink system for washing/sanitizing at the end of meals.
Lodging: $75 Camping; $125 Bunkhouse
Camping (bring your own gear) or bunk space (bring your sleeping bag and pillow) is available by reservation. These lodging options are located by foot, up the hill behind the Cane Creek Lodge. Campers are invited to use the showers in the Student Lounge area. Students may also opt to camp in their vehicles in the parking area. The camping fee applies, and they may use the campers’ showers in the Lodge. No electric or water hookup is available.
Bunkhouses are 4 max to a room, and you can select gender-specific or gender-neutral designation as available. Each room has its own bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Each pair of rooms shares a common connecting space and covered front porch for downtime and community.
You may arrive between 12PM-9PM the day before the course starts for self-checkin. Housing assignments and the grounds orientation will be posted in the classroom lobby. If you cannot arrive by 9PM, you may arrive at 7:45AM on the first day of your course. Class begins promptly at 8AM.
Students must be packed and moved out prior to 8AM on the last day of the course.
There are several shuttle services that are offered in the area with competitive pricing.
- Asheville Premier Transportation: 828-407-0221, email@example.com
- Charlie the Cabbie: 828-506-0056
- Jackson County Transit: 828-586-0233, transit.jacksonnc.org
- Contact the office at 828-293-5384 to authorize the release of your contact information to other students who may be interested in carpooling.
3 (Monday) 8:00 AM - 7 (Friday) 5:00 PM
Landmark Learning - Upstream Campus
95 Upstream Campus Trail